Sunday, May 28, 2006

*deep breath*

Okay, so all I've got left to do is:

1 mosaic
1 bas relief
2 bas relief moderately serious re-dos
4 bas relief minor re-dos
2 signs
1 gift card texture
1 shadow texture
2 plain marble textures
1 border texture
finish the gown
beach grass
tweaks on the roses
product box texture
58 product photos
build a bench
build planters
place benches and planters
place beach grass
apply textures to build
terraform
adjust vendors
place vendors
place signs
write several notecards
take ad photos

Oh, and put the gown up for sale on SLExchange and SL Boutique, in addition to setting up its vendor. Guh. A significant enough portion of my sales come from there, but I hatehatehate listing products. SL Boutique is far easier to use in that respect, at least, but I haven't found a way to remove product photos if I accidentally upload the wrong one. And that I don't like.

Also, if anyone is reading this, do you have any opinions on an appropriate number of prims in a product box? The shape I'm currently considering has 3. It would look nicer if I gave it a prim lid, but that would increase the prim count to 6, and that sounds like a bit much. I don't want someone with a stuffed 512 parcel to be unable to rez what they bought, after all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ennui said...

I personally don't like boxed products at all - takes away from the "open inventory and wear" instant gratification - but aside from that, 6 prims sounds very, very reasonable. I've seen product boxes that were easily more than 10 prims. Will you make the lid open on touch?

May 30, 2006 3:23 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

10 prims? Yikes!

I sell from vendors, so my stuff has to come in boxes. As for the lid... I don't know. I was going to say "yes, if I can cobble together an appropriate script," but then I remembered I wanted to include one of those "touch to unpack" scripts, and to use the new one-click open feature. So now I'm not sure.

May 30, 2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home