Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I made shoes!

Okay, so they're not textured yet, and they're not the best shoes ever. (This is their best angle, and one of my avatar's legs cleverly conceals the ankle strap on the back shoe, which is going through my avatar's other leg.)

And I referred heavily to other shoes I own as I made them. I wasn't trying to copy specific designs, just adopt the techniques used. Still, it makes me a little uncertain about whether or not I should sell the shoes once they're textured. I mean, you're always told to take prim items apart and see how they're put together, and work from that; on the other hand, though there are some differences between her shoes and mine, I intially took the technique for the soles pretty much straight from one of Fallingwater's shoes. And of course, I don't own many shoes, so maybe Fallingwater's techniques are common enough that I shouldn't worry. A dilemma!

Edited to add: I went looking through my footwear folder again, and it turns out nearly all of the shoes I've got do that thing with the two tori. So at this point, I'm considering it fair game.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ennui said...

If "that thing" is the soles ... let me just add that tubes work pretty good too in that area ;) And yes, I'm afraid there is but one technical solution to (some parts of) the sole - at least if you want it to look somewhat like a real-world shoe & foot - still, using the same technique can lead to a lot of different styles.

August 10, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Tubes! Yes, I see how they would work. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip. :)

August 10, 2006 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home