Monday, December 04, 2006

I have a new computer! It is a wonder. Previously, textures in rooms would take minutes to rez, textures never stayed fully rezzed, other people's clothes hardly ever rezzed (and also never stayed rezzed), Linden plants didn't rez completely (I never even knew what most of them actually looked like), and... well, you get the idea.

Today, I floated down from my skybox, and all but two of the textures in my store were fully rezzed as soon as I got there. And they stayed rezzed. I could even see the trees and the clothing of the people across the river -- which I wouldn't even have had on my screen before, because my draw distance was kept down to 64 m to reduce lag. (Now I'm at 96 m, because I don't like how the void oceans look when I go above that.) Even the water ripples faster now.

I also have a Wacom tablet now. Wow. It really is vastly better than my no name brand one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home