Saturday, December 30, 2006

I've started work on the dresses I mentioned in the previous post -- you know, the really elaborate ones. They're a pain in the butt, but that's what I expected. I want to do a very good technical job on them, so I'm trying to be thorough about including all the wrinkles and folds that would be in the cloth. It's... well, like I said, a pain. Compounding the problem is the fact that the top is actually an undershirt plus a corsety thing, so the cloth is (or should be) contorting in numerous and horrible ways. And then there's the lace (which I'm cutting myself some slack on) and the prim bits. All for something that probably won't even sell very well...

2 Comments:

Blogger Roslin said...

It does suck that some of the stuff you put the most into receives the least attention and/or sales, such is the life of an artist. PS about the skin post, feel free to talk to me and CJ about any tips you could use with that. I do understand the desire to create your own skin...it will be made for you 100%, nothing anyone else can do would compare.

December 30, 2006 5:04 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Oh, thanks! I think it's just some sort of weird mental block I've got regarding skinning. I do actual clothing okay, but the thought of using the exact same process for drawing a body makes my brain freeze up.

December 31, 2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home