Friday, February 09, 2007

Work on my new store continues. I had to tear down the old one -- it was really primmy, and I'd accidentally deleted whole portions of it -- but I've started to texture the newest one I've built. It's kind of squat, but eh, you can't have everything.

I'm 95% certain I'm going to make the interior of it full bright. For one, it'll look better at night for people who don't have lighting on. (Better, but not perfect. The unlit avatar will still be dark.) Also, I've got stained glass windows which look better at night when they're full bright, and things will look really weird if I only have the windows full bright. Lastly, I'm getting persistent and extremely aggravating prim drift. I think my prims are rotating, ever so slightly... at any rate, despite my best efforts, my builds have all ended up with seams. Keeping the build full bright keeps these invisible.

I'm also going to be adding demos of my stuff in the new build, and some posing stands. I think I might make some poses for the stands, something a little easier to work with (I dislike adjusting bracelets using the standard pose) and easier on the eyes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ennui said...

Lately I've been having some weird issues with prim drift / rotation too .. rez an item, rotations at 90 / 0 / 270 or similar, go into edit mode, poof, it's at 89.95 / 0.5 / 269.80 or similarly stupid numbers. And does it every single time. Very irritating. At least in the First Look client they seem to have changed the way edit updates are handled, which should help with packet loss eating the last edit move.

February 13, 2007 12:26 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Yeah, I've been getting that, too. It's when I've got everything at 90/0/270 and things _still_ don't line up that I go nuts.

Thanks for the tip about the First Look client, though. I downloaded it to check out the mirrors and haven't used it since.

February 14, 2007 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home