Saturday, March 03, 2007

My earlier lag problem seems to have fixed itself: I checked the build later, and the numbers made more sense. Just to be on the safe side (and because it was overly busy), I did remove an elaborate stained glass window from the back wall.

I think things will be ready to open in two to three weeks: I have to package everything up into boxes all over again, and get demos ready, not to mention making about a dozen more poses and some signs.

Anyway, I come bearing pictures, because I have no patience.


The main room. The little stand you can see at the back will be my live modeling stand, assuming Roslin and CJ don't demand my blood. Those doorways lead off to the different departments the store will have.


One of the departments, partly full. The vendors need some tweaking, now that I look at them. Kindly ignore the lone posing stand.


The front exterior, during the day. Fun fact: the window texture is only 64 x 128 pixels. Try not to look too closely at it when the store's open.


The store exterior at night. I'm unduly proud of the way the windows look from the outside, as well as how welcoming and bright the store looks.

I'm also unduly proud of how well the shadows in the interior look, something that doesn't entirely come across in the pictures. The inside is entirely full bright, and all the shadows were either drawn onto the textures, tinted onto the prim face, or (in a few cases) the result of a shadow prim.

The one thing that concerns me about the design is the faint whiff of the '70s that clings to it, but I'm hoping that covering the exterior with ivy will drown out any "crappy mall decorated in harvest gold" vibes the building may send off.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alaska Metropolitan said...

Ooh, so pretty and Art Nouveau-y too!

March 03, 2007 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty!

I will miss that big Tara-esque staircase though.

March 03, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Thanks!

And I'll miss the staircase, too.

March 06, 2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger ▓▒░ TORLEY ░▒▓ said...

Count me in amongst the staircase-missers... oh you do build such elegant staircases, Miriel!

What are those lovely glyphs you use that adorn various parts of your store called? Some are shown in these pictures, and particularly in this one I took:

>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/torley/406798300/

They're so beautiful and unique!

March 12, 2007 1:19 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

OMG Torley commented!

Ahem.

Thanks for the compliments. And the glyphs are called swirly things. That's the technical name. ;)

March 12, 2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, stunning Miriel!

March 22, 2007 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home