Monday, July 09, 2007

I am, little by little, finishing up the alpha version of the vending system. I need to make sure it works under all typical circumstances (it currently appears to work under most, but not quite all), and then I'll move on to testing it in less typical ones. I'm also trying to optimize the code as I go, and that still needs some tweaking. Then, when I'm done with that, I need to log my alt on and see how it handles simultaneous orders. The main vending script has been through all this (though I plan to see if there's any way I can optimize it more); it's the gift card script I'm working on.

When that's all done, I need to gather a bunch of people at once and have them use it at the same time, to see how many simultaneous orders it can handle before it implodes. And after that's done (and the script is set to prevent too many simultaneous orders), I'll start giving out beta versions to people who want one and are feeling adventurous. (Remember, you get what you pay for.) And if that goes a while without the vendors crashing or eating people's money or allowing things to be stolen using gift cards, I'll put the thing on the market.

I also plan to work on a sister script to help with packaging up items. Stick a script in a fatpack, stick the fatpack and another script in a box, and the thing will churn out single boxes for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger CronoCloud said...

Yay! Soon your vendor script shall conquer the world!

July 11, 2007 7:17 PM  
Blogger Nef said...

Omg a fatpack generator... that's like the new Toaster... I'd seriously kiss your sweet little pixel feet if you get that to work

July 11, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

For certain values of "soon," yes. ;)

Siyu, it's more like a fatpack un-generator. I was tempted to call it Slimdown. :D

July 12, 2007 4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home