Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I have a question for anyone who feels like answering.

At some point in the future -- way, way in the future -- I'm going to be remodeling. One thing I'm thinking about doing is changing the way my eyes are sold. They'll go up on the wall by color, one color per box, and those boxes will be what you buy single pairs from. There will also be another vendor up on the wall to sell collections, and it'll let people choose their own set of four eyes. You'd pay it, choose size and permissions, and then touch the boxes of the eyes you wanted. (You'd get a confirmation menu for each color, after you touched the box.) Alternatively, I could try scripting the single eye vendors so that they keep track of who's bought what, and give rebates to people who buy four eyes within X amount of time. I also may sell some premade collections, because I know people can freeze up if they have too many choices.

What do you think? Does this sound too complicated? Like something people are unlikely to trust?

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds ideal to me! But then, I'm a total Miriel eye addict. :)

August 28, 2007 6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan! I love your venders and am jealous of them :D

August 28, 2007 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love it!

August 28, 2007 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely plan. I just went on a Miriel-eye-buying-frenzy the other day and am loving them all.

August 28, 2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger Alpha Gam @ GCSU said...

To be honest it sounded complicated when I first tried to read it. But on re-reading it sounded simple and very cool.

August 28, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger Nef said...

Whooooooa o.o

Lol and Miriel continues to lead the way in awesome high tech vendor ideas! I adore the automatic rebate after four, that's just wonderful, but I also love the idea of selecting which eyes I wanted on a big board of choices. But would that be able to handle multiple people using it?

August 28, 2007 9:51 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Yes, Siyu, it would.

Now that I think about it, I'm leaning towards the touch the boxes idea. People don't read. If I go with the rebate for buying four eyes in X minutes, I can already hear the IMs from people who waited X + 1 minutes and didn't get their money. (Besides which, I'm not sure I trust a script to handle that. Sims can hiccup, and LSL isn't always 100% reliable.)

Thanks to everyone that replied.

August 28, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger Arianna Psaltery said...

ooo I like that :) It's nice to get a discount whenever possible :)

August 29, 2007 3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea Miriel (as always) and you're right people don't read, make your wording short and simple. I have the gift card system in my shop and people always get hung up on the split payment of card/cash and the process times out, etc. Good luck and if you need guinea pigs to test let me know. Fantastic work!

September 06, 2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Thanks, Eolande. :)

September 06, 2007 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home