Friday, August 10, 2007

This is only marginally related to my SL business, but it's my blog, so nyah.

Today I went to my first class to learn how to make RL jewelry! (I liked making it so much in my second life that I wanted to learn to make it in my first.) I dropped almost everything at least once (blessed exception: the acetylene torch), cut a gash in my finger with my saw, and the ring I made has a couple discolored spots on it for some reason, but I'm really looking forward to the next class.

RL jewelry making is a surprisingly non-girly pursuit. Behind all the pretty sparklies there's a lot of fire and acid and banging on things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

Good for you. Go and have fun.

A few months ago when I asked my husband for help with the three pieces I wanted to make of gold findings and: 1) beads 2) stones 3)glass, he informed me that I needed take a class. And buy my own equipment. I did buy the basics. It's fun even on this level and I would like to go further with it (schedule conflict with the class).

Post pictures when you have something you want to share :)

Casandra Shilova

August 12, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Thanks! I'll have to see if I have a camera buried somewhere.

August 13, 2007 2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home