Thursday, September 13, 2007

I have had a number of nice people offer to help me with the Jewelry Expo, and thus far my answer has mostly been some variety of "nah, I'm good." However, if you're a merchant, there is something you can do to help. Actually, three things. Are you ready?

1. Set your booth up as soon as you can. These things take maybe ten minutes each to check. If many people wait until the last minute -- something that will probably happen -- this makes a very bad Friday night for me. Thus far, I've only been able to give eleven booths the all clear -- eleven out of nearly ninety.

2. Follow the rules. I think at least half of the booths I'm checking have rules violations. This means I have to check the booth, send a stern IM, and then check the booth again later to make sure it's okay. I don't like doing any of those things.

3. If you don't understand the rules, ask beforehand. I know the rules are complicated -- if I do this again next year, they'll be simpler. But if you don't understand, please don't just toss prims around blindly and pray: if you get it wrong, I have to check your booth at least twice and send at least one IM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home