Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A random collection of tidbits:

1. I've decided I'm going to be policing the Jewelry Expo exhibits myself, just because it seems simpler. Thanks to everyone who offered, though.

2. I'm slowly working on a big project. I'd like to have it done by the end of year, but who knows. Perhaps I'll come to my senses and quit before then.

3. I am sorely tempted to buy Genetica and Super Blade Pro. Especially the latter, since it does a pretty good job with reflectivity. I know I shouldn't, but anything that lets me get around my lack of artistic ability is something I want.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking at genetica the other day, trying it out now. It looks like it makes texturing a whole lot easier.

September 11, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Genetica is awesome, though I still haven't figured out all of its features.

Have you tried Wood Workshop? It's a modified version of Genetica that's free and easier to use. Officially, it only does wood, but you can tweak the settings to make stone with it, too. The stone exterior of my store was made with it.

September 11, 2007 3:20 PM  
Blogger Ennui said...

Genetica is neat, but I've found that it's really difficult to make textures that don't scream "hey I'm a synthetic texture". But maybe it's a matter of practice. It's nice for making glass though.

September 14, 2007 3:11 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

To some degree, I actually want the synthetic texture appearance. Most of SL isn't photorealistic (particularly the terrain), so I want something that doesn't stick out too badly.

September 14, 2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Saiyge Lotus said...

I've been using blade pro for years but I never heard of genetica -runs to download- Yay new toys!!!!!

SBP is worth its weight in gold I think. So much that you can do with it :)

September 18, 2007 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home