Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thanks to everyone who's wished me well or expressed concern. I'm not taking a break from SL entirely, just from releasing (and to a lesser extent, making) things. I've got a plan for what I'm going to be eventually doing with my business.

I'm going to be getting my own sim, and I hope to open it sometime in January -- towards the beginning if I'm speedy, towards the end if I'm not. I'll need to talk to the other people in Nouveau about my existing plot, of course, since I don't want to just leave them with nobody to pay tier on a quarter of the sim. When it opens, here's what I plan to have it feature (in addition to my current inventory):

1. A remodeled build.
2. My revised eyes, with different collections to buy (like same tone ones) and a build your own collection option.
3. More Medievalish dresses, put together using bits and pieces of the dresses I've already made/been making.
4. More hair, with a focus on historical and fantasy styles.
5. A few historical and fantasy shapes.
6. Scripts for sale, if I ever finish those -- I'm beginning to feel like LL with Havok, here.
7. A small amount of men's jewelry.
8. An automatic rebate (anywhere from 15%-25%) for Miriel's Latest members for items on my new products wall.
9. My secret project: a puzzle game. This is what's going to cover the rest of the sim. I don't want to divulge too much, except that it's going to be unabashedly anachronistic, will include a prize (jewelry or otherwise) every time you complete a puzzle, will almost certainly be played using a HUD, and may be a little bit too dark, but hopefully not.

Miriel's Latest members will be given a preview of the sim before it opens to the general public, including the opportunity to play the game first.

Will all this help me make money? I don't know. I'm not pinning my hopes on the game, or on anything else. I've been wanting to do this for a while but was put off by the cost: US$300 a month is a lot to spend on a hobby. But it's occurred to me that making things in SL is one of the few things that I'm able to enjoy when my health is acting up (it's easy, and there's no pressure on me to make Great Art), so I'm just going to take the plunge. $300 a month is worth the lost unhappiness.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all very exciting news. Looking forward to the new direction and the new year. Wishing you joy and good health in the mean time.

September 27, 2007 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your new sim and designs Miriel. It is indeed difficult to make real money in SL and I applause all the builders and designers in SL that has unselfishly invested quite a huge amount of their time, efforts and sometime money in making and sharing their creations. I hope the returns you are going to receive (both monetary and non-monetary) are far more than what you have given. - Ai Hienrichs

September 27, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Thanks. :)

September 28, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Candace Sargent said...

Very exciting Miriel! I can't wait to see a sim built by you, I'm sure it will be lovely :) I'm dying to have a sim myself, but don't quite have the sales to justify it yet.

October 02, 2007 3:04 AM  
Blogger Caroline Apollo said...

Miriel, I'm sure your sim will be absolutely beautiful! And it sounds like you have a lot of great ideas! Don't think that you are alone. I think it is really hard for jewelers to make a living in SL. Jewelry isn't something that you must have. But clothes and hair are. You can wear one piece of jewelry with a dozen different outfits. Good luck <3

October 02, 2007 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home