Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Have I mentioned that I hate Blender? Because I do. Lots.

I'm trying to build some sculpted prims in Blender and then bake textures for them. It's harder than it has any right to be and I haven't even been remotely successful yet. It took me forever just to figure out how to apply the texture, for one. For another, Blender treats all my sculpted objects as essentially the same object because they're copies of each other. I don't know how to get it to stop doing this. For another, my sculpt textures are 64 x 64, so I need to replace those with a 512 x 512 image to bake to, and I can't figure out how to do that. And lastly, the image I'm supposed to be baking to randomly disappears from time to time (like everything else in this program), and the only way to get it back is to load a different texture in its place. You'd think that I should just be able to use the "new" option in the texture menu, but you'd be wrong. I can go to "new" all I want, but it won't actually make a fresh texture for me.

I hate Blender. :(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Toby said...

Awesome blog you havee here

May 23, 2022 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home