Saturday, November 03, 2007

Taking a bit of a break on the trees right now. It's hard to get the lighting settings right, and I've just realized that most of my leaves are facing the wrong way. They shouldn't be pointing up. I'm pretty sick of tree stuff, so I'm putting that aside for now. I do have a couple of nice sculpted trunks so far, though, and all this messing around with Blender has made me much more comfortable with the program. Remember that chair I'd been making before? I went back to it tonight and was much more confident as I worked with it.

I'm pretty burned out on all of this, to be honest, but I need to keep working (and work quickly) if I want to be ready to open in January. I'll endeavor to pull myself away from Oblivion and stop fantasizing about doing NaNoWriMo. (Oh, and speaking of Oblivion, I finished the main quest a few days ago. Kind of a downer ending.)

Oh, and look what I've found: LL's roadmap for visuals, featuring better trees and terrain that reaches the horizon (!). Okay, so most of this stuff is never going to happen (HTML on a prim is also listed there), but a girl can dream, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sirahal said...

Dont' stop thinking about NaNoWriMo! Come do crazy insane things with the rest of us!!!! (AWESOME to finally see someone from SL mention it (outside the Wrimo group, I mean) - makes me all the happier to visit your store :P)

In game: Sirahal Rees if ya wanna talk about it sometime ;)

November 03, 2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Alas, I really don't have enough time right now. I might try doing my own NaNo in February or something, after I'm done with the sim. (And before I start Jewelry Expo 2008, yet another Giant Project of Doom. Eep.)

November 04, 2007 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home