Sunday, December 09, 2007

Rant about Windlight removed because I'm a total dumbass. You know the trick of pointing lots of lights at your avatar to get rid of the environmental lighting? I rely on that trick for my product images. I was complaining that it wasn't working in Windlight and nobody cared, and that even turning shaders off doesn't help.

Well, turning shaders off didn't seem to help a few weeks ago, but I tried it again today just to confirm, and... well, did I mention that I'm a total dumbass? It works. So, those of you that want the environmental shadows to go away, do the following:

1. Go into Preferences.
2. Turn off either basic shaders or atmospheric shaders. Turning off just the atmospheric ones will leave you with just a hint of environmental shadows.
3. Stick a bunch of local lights around yourself. Go nuts.
4. Ta-da! You now look pretty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sirahal said...

it was my understanding that one of the latest windlight updates had something tweaked to fix that, so that could be why it's working now. Then again, I haven't really been reading those release notes very closesly, or with a very awake mind, so I could be *very* wrong.

December 09, 2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

I checked the release notes just now and didn't see anything, though I could have missed it. Just because something's not in the notes doesn't mean it wasn't changed, either.

December 10, 2007 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home