Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I've been tagged by Grazia Horwitz (thank you for letting me know!).

Rules:

(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.

(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I spent years being trained as a vocalist. Despite this, I am not a very good singer.

2. I grew up in a place that had sunshine almost all the time, and thought that what I wanted was rain. Then I briefly moved to Portland, Oregon, and it rained for a month straight, and I learned that what I really wanted was variety.

3. I enjoy math, and find it soothing.

4. I hate travel. Airplanes terrify me and I get desperately homesick at the drop of a hat.

5. I love symphonic metal. You can all point and laugh now.

6. I am a big sap and will cry at almost any movie or book, even if it's bad, or I didn't like the characters much, or I know I'm being cheaply manipulated into being sad. I'm sure I've cried at a commercial or two in my day. It's embarrassing.

7. The sun is not my friend.

8. Before Oblivion (my preciousssss) became my crack du jour, I played a lot of rougelikes. I've actually beaten Nethack a couple times, including one foodless win. Keep in mind that this is a game where you can easily starve to death, dying means you have to start over at the beginning, and just about everything is trying to kill you.

I tag... you know what, a million people have already been tagged, and I can't keep track of who has and hasn't been. Consider this a free invitation to do the survey if nobody has tagged you already.

7 Comments:

Blogger Noam said...

I like Symphonic metal too X3

December 06, 2007 6:36 AM  
Blogger Ennui said...

Yep, nethack (and its various cousins) is rather addictive :) I wasted a lot of time in college on nethack instead of loftier pursuits. Quite surprising how immersive such an ascii-game can be. Wouldn't have figured you to be a fellow nethack geek!

December 06, 2007 7:28 AM  
Blogger Nef said...

Lol @ the variety notice, I could never ever live in a place like Florida or Hawaii where the weather never changed. As it is, I'm very happy and proud to be in a place where if you don't like the weather, you can wait about a couple hours and it'll change :)

*passes you one of her umbrellas for use as a parasol*

December 06, 2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger CronoCloud said...

You AND Jackal play Nethack? Wow! I would have never pegged either of you as potential Nethackers. I've not ascended, in fact I've not survived to do the quest yet.

December 06, 2007 8:15 PM  
Blogger CronoCloud said...

Hey, I just thought of something, wouldn't be great if it could be possible in some future enhanced SL to implement Nethack inside SL. Yeah. total coolness.

December 06, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

I spent a year in grad school in Portland living in my raincoat. I missed blue skies like crazy and kept wishing it would just RAIN and get it over with :)

Casie

December 07, 2007 2:20 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Yay, other Nethack geeks! And symphonic metal and varied weather fans!

I'm not sure LSL is up to Nethack, though. The game's deadly enough without random lines of code not executing!

December 07, 2007 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home