Friday, December 28, 2007

Project update: all I have to do is one more hairstyle (already half done, but I'm not fast at this) and some prim lashes, and I'm done with making products. I'm still going to be making clothing, but it's not going to be a core product in any way -- if things go well, for instance, I'll have two pieces of clothing out at the sim opening, one new and one existing. It's not going to be getting its own department.

I hope to have the lashes and the hair done by the end of the day, and then I can start on the horrible task of learning to texture things using prim.blender.

And, in the interests of procrastination, I present:

Making Hair the Miriel Way: A Guide to Not Getting Things Done

1. Fire up SL, and begin placing wispy bits onto your hairstyle. It's boring. Really, really boring.
2. Take a break to get up and walk around. Did I mention that making the hairstyle is boring?
3. Return. Add two more tori.
4. Realize you'll need a new alpha texture for this. Go into PSP and make one.
5. Check your new texture. Perfect! You deserve a break, don't you? Go look for Oblivion mods.
6. Download two dozen mods.
7. You've been screwing around long enough: add a few more tori.
8. Click through your Pandora stations trying to find something good. Scroll past several songs without even starting them because the album covers are so cheesy.
9. Remember hearing about a mod that lets female characters wear the male version of Sheogorath's outfit. Decide that you absolutely must own this and start looking.
10. Will no one let you crossdress? Apparently not. Fail to find the mod, and add a few more locks of hair.
11. Get stuck on the hair. Get up and walk around again. Do a dorky dance at one point.
12. Focus on a different part of the hair, one that isn't giving you trouble. Get some actual work done.
13. Ponder a nap.
14. Ponder why working out always makes your eyes hurt.
15. Ponder if there's any way to get Pandora to never, ever subject you to Radiohead again. Ever.
16. Ponder actual work.
17. Tackle the tricky part of the hairstyle. You have to do it sooner or later, after all.
18. Pester sleeping dog with tummy rubs and head scratches.
19. Find that crossdressing mod you were looking for earlier. The screenshots are disappointing, and opt to go without it.
20. Consider how much work you still have to do, even after the hair is done. Panic.
21. Write a guide detailing all the ways you've wasted time today.
22. Get back to work, you slacker.

7 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

You can do it!
And thanks for the laughs, badly needed:) And you made me sad that I can't have Oblivion on my mac, that game rocks. Though characters are more then ugly. Bleh. At least females.
My prim work usually looks about the same with the difference that I don't get back at it that fast lol. So yes, you're doing good:)

December 28, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Why, you're welcome! And nice to know I'm not the only one who takes (too) many breaks. :)

And yeah, the Oblivion characters aren't great. I did manage to make a pretty nice looking one once. I'm still not sure how.

December 28, 2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger Arianna Psaltery said...

*giggles* That's the only way to make hair :D

December 28, 2007 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks a lot like my line of work...

December 28, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Tigerlily Koi said...

This pretty much sums up why I've spent the last month on one style...

December 29, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Hee. At least I don't feel so bad about procrastinating anymore! (Though I've been productive today.)

December 29, 2007 1:07 PM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

It's far, far too easy for me to get side tracked. I'm glad I'm not unusual in that..

Casie

December 30, 2007 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home