Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Time for another update. I'm sure none of you care all that much (particularly when there aren't any pictures of upcoming goodies), but if there's one place in the world appropriate for my inane prattlings, it's my blog.

I've got three shapes out of six done -- sort of. I keep fiddling with them whenever I pull them out, and that's not a good sign.

The new eyes are done. The cat eyes weren't working very well (and never sold spectacularly), so they're gone for now. I'd love to do more novelty type eyes in the future, though, so I do plan on eventually bringing them back.

Unless I decide to redo my freebie jewelry (which I might), I have two more pieces to finish building and texturing, and then I'm done. I'm so happy with all my jewelry right now -- I really like the new scripts that let you turn shiny and full bright on and off, and I've got some new (and revised) pieces that I think you all might like.

Out of six hairs, four are built and textured, one is built and needs to be fully textured, and one is partly built. (Granted, three of them aren't new.) I'm pretty happy with all of these. They're not Armidi good, but they're not total embarrassments, either.

Which brings us to the clothing. The bad news is that I've only got one outfit partly done, and Blender is... well, being itself. It's very picky about .tga files, and frequently mangles them or crashes when trying to open them. The good news is that I'm growing increasingly comfortable with the program, and I'm pretty inspired, with all the planned items sketched out. (Plus, I got Shivering Isles a little while ago, and some of the clothing -- not the bikini armor -- is awfully nice and has generated a "I want to work hard and make something that looks that good!" response in me. Of course, nothing I make for Second Life will look that good, no matter how hard I try or how skilled I am, but a girl can dream, can't she?)

I don't have any demos done of anything yet, but those shouldn't be too time consuming to put together. A few days, at most.

And then, of course, there are the various buildings, a fountain, a semi-working armillary sphere, the writing for the game, ads, product pictures, scripting, some sculpted cliffs, terraforming, and -- brrr -- the foliage.

All of which would be a whole lot of work even if my health holds out. Which it, er, probably won't, because it certainly hasn't been. Fingers crossed, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Oh I care:) This is great news:) So yay and I for one can't wait:)

December 18, 2007 6:10 AM  
Blogger Arianna Psaltery said...

I care too! I love to see the creative process at work. Keep up the wonderful artistry :)

December 18, 2007 5:38 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Well, good to know at least someone finds this stuff interesting. :)

December 18, 2007 7:25 PM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

I do too - keep us informed here and I promise I won't bug you in world to see how you are doing. At least not tooo often. :)

I vote for reworking your freebies. For instance - the delicate rhinestone necklace and earrings on a larger scale (so that it could be seen easily) would be a pleasure for newbies, or anyone else, to fasten around their neck and entice new repeat customers.

Casie

December 19, 2007 3:59 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

I will redo the freebies, I think, though not all of them. Hopefully today.

December 19, 2007 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home