Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I have a question, for those of you inclined to answer.

As you probably know, much of my new sim will be taken up by a puzzle game. Many of the clues and backstory are going to take the form of diary pages. (Please, spare me your praise for my boundless creativity.) So now I've got a choice: do I actually make images out of the pages, do I just use notecards, or do I do both?

The images would be more immersive, but they'd take time to load. Doing both seems like a decent idea, but I don't want to confuse people. What would you prefer?

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Well that really depends on how many are there. I think both are good because if you have the actual page, it adds to the flavor, yet if you want to quickly read something up, you don't have to rez it but can open the notecard. Yet again, if there are many, it might turn out to be too much of a confusion.. Well okay, I'll stick with both in my answer. And grats on your tree:)

January 23, 2008 7:54 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Thank you. :)

January 23, 2008 3:32 PM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

If you can do it as simply as a sign above the diary that says "Wear to read diary for clues" that might work.

Half the time I try to read the program at the ballet, it won't let me. But that's probably the overtaxed server.

Casie

January 23, 2008 3:42 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Program at the ballet? Is that a sign in world or a texture that goes in your inventory? Because I was going to do the latter, if I went the image route.

January 23, 2008 7:39 PM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

It turns out they are click-to-wear objects. A click at right of cover opens & turns pages; click at left moves back a page. I dropped copies on you to look at. "The Nutcracker" is the latest, it seems to be less complicated and loads easily now (much less lag than at the ballet). They take quite a bit of visual space; smaller would be nice.

January 24, 2008 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home