Friday, February 29, 2008

A little preview:



As far as the build goes, I lost about three days due to feeling badly, which is... not good, though I think I can still finish on time. I hope. I'm scrapping the gazebo I'd planned to build, at least for now, because it seemed redundant and I couldn't find a good place to put it.

But I came up with a good solution for light bleed, so I'm in a good mood at the moment. Local lighting tends to show up far beyond the point where it should: I can be halfway across my sim and a little radius 5 light will still be affecting my avatar, and I can continue all the way to the other side of the sim and still detect it. (I made a JIRA issue about this, but I'm either the only person whose client does this or the only person who finds it bothersome.) As you can imagine, this is a problem; the illusion of a deep forest tends to be shattered when you can't escape the store lighting.

And then I remembered, wait, only six lights can be displayed at once. So I turned some of the tree trunks on the forest border into lights, set the light color to black and the radius to 20, and problem solved. The store interior is all lit up, and the forest isn't. Hooray for at least one thing going smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home