Saturday, March 08, 2008

I've been tagged by Shir!

The rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

I now have to regret keeping my nerdy books so close to my computer, because the closest book for me is the core rulebook for Mage: the Ascension (second edition). "At lower levels of success, this may just be 'funny feelings' about beings or objects. With more successes, she may note the specific supernatural nature of what she is studying. For example, she could discern whether or not the subject is human, alive, dead or undead."

I actually dislike tagging people, so as I'm done embarrassing myself, I'm going to break rule number five and make this an open tag -- if you want to do this meme and haven't gotten tagged, consider this your excuse. ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

Don't feel bad. These days mine is usually "How to Use Adobe PhotoShop". At the moment, it's Topkapi Textiles. (Ottoman Empire)

March 09, 2008 3:45 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Oooh, a textile book.

The other book closest to me was actually a jewelry making guide.

March 09, 2008 11:14 AM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

yup, I'm not surprised :D Maybe after your sim is open and you're satisfied with it, you can get back to jewelry in RL.

I have a new rush project due at the end of the month. Two garments for an elevation ceremony in the Society for Creative Anachronism. I currently have three books on loan from man I'm making them for - that one, Splendors of the Ottoman Sultans, and Palace of Gold & Light which was an exhibit in DC. Oooooh pretties.

Casie

March 09, 2008 2:30 PM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Ooooh, pretties indeed. I love Ottoman stuff.

March 10, 2008 4:09 AM  
Blogger Casandra Shilova said...

They qualify as court clothing, but he picked printed rather than brocade fabric. I'll give you pictures when they are completed. :D

March 10, 2008 8:13 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Yay. Thanks. :)

March 10, 2008 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Entertaining meme, this one :) I'd participate but the two books closest are being used as support stand for the monitor - not going to dismantle this just to satisfy nobody's curiosity ;)

March 12, 2008 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home