Thursday, July 17, 2008

I recently updated to Blender 2.46. I was very hesitant to do this, for fear of being unable to find UI elements, but there's a particular file format I want to eventually use, and I don't think 2.45 supports it.

Now, pay very close attention, because I will never, ever say these words again:

Some of the changes are actually pretty good.

There's a "lock axis" toolbar in sculpt mode now, for instance, allowing you to keep the vertices from moving along that axis as you work. Not only is it useful, but the name and mouseover descriptions are reasonable and helpful. Hold your mouse over the "x" button in the toolbar, and it says "constrain x axis." Straightforward. Sensible. It's bizarre. It's--

Oh, god, I've fallen into a parallel universe, haven't I? I bet dogs meow here and the sun rises in the west. Up is down; right is left. And back in my home dimension, the "lock axis" toolbar is signified by a plain button with a padlock and a swastika.

2 Comments:

Blogger Arabesque said...

Hi Miriel - love to read your blog even if some of it flies way above my head. But hey - I made my own facelight today so I may be on my way. Not too bad for a graduate of English Literature running SL on Vista of all things over a limited bandwidth. I'm hoping to upgrade my whole system soon to brighten my SL experience. Any tips on what to invest in (priorities)would be most welcome (but I KNOW - you are busy. Can't wait to see it all finished and sooo glad you're not quitting.

July 18, 2008 12:00 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

Oh, I'm the wrong person to ask about hardware! I'm barely more knowledgeable than you are. :)

But I found a nice guide to all this stuff. The blog itself is not work safe, but this entry should be fine:

Here

July 18, 2008 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home