Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Blender 2.46, I can't figure out how to get alpha channels to work, something I could do in previous versions. (Obviously: I wouldn't have been able to make my trees if I couldn't.)

What is wrong with the people that write this program?

(One minute of fiddling later.)

Oh my god. Blender has a "use alpha" button in one of the texture menus. I've complained about it before, because it didn't work the way I thought it would. Guess what? It now works the way I originally expected it to, and I had to uncheck it to make things work. Blender is the monkey's paw of software.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the programmers? The labeling on the button hasn't changed in the slightest. Absent digging through the release notes, there's no indication that it now does something entirely different from what it did before.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you'd be open to leaving us another hint on the puzzle? Another woman and I found invisible boxes at the top of the tower, but they were empty. We need another clue! :)

August 23, 2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Miriel Enfield said...

It's not those boxes. None of the prize boxes are invisible, I promise. :)

August 23, 2008 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know :) Thanks!!

August 24, 2008 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home